First Week (MTC)

The MTC is a different world, where fried chicken isn't very good, and a butterscotch muffin is the best thing you've ever tasted and leaves you full for the rest of the day. I love my companion, my district, everyone. They're great, and they know exactly when to stop me before I embarrass myself! My companion, Sister Custer, is absolutely wonderful, and it's great because she and I are going to the same mission, so we'll be traveling with each other! My roommates are super fun, very energetic and friendly so it makes sense that they would be going to the Honolulu, Hawaii mission! Texas is also going to be full of missionaries in just a couple weeks, Sister Custer keeps saying that something's going to happen there.

Even though it was P-day, Sister Custer and I probably did way more than we usually do. Sister Custer is really into mountain biking and working out, so we actually took two hours to lift weights and play basketball with our district, which was awesome! Before going to the temple we both needed to send an email to our branch president using the desktop computer. So we went to the laundry room/computer lab to write and send that, but then we realized we forgot our instructions on how to login. We had twenty minutes before going to the temple, so we sprinted full-tilt back to our residency, retrieved the instructions, ran back, realized we forgot our ID cards, ran back, returned. At this point we're out of breath, and providing much needed entertainment to another companionship, and then Sister Custer turns to me and says "I can't find my ID!". At this point, we decide that I should quickly write my email and then backtrack. When we come back to our room, her ID is on the floor right next to the door. Long story short, Sister Custer and I were able to finish our emails and get to the temple on time, if not a little exhausted.

If there's something that's helped me in this first week, it would definitely be relying on my companion and district. I may not be able to talk to my family everyday, but I do have other missionaries who are looking out for me and can remind me of how much God loves me!

Comments

  1. Hooray! What a great exciting love filled week! Love & prayers for you and your companion.
    ❌💗❌💗
    jodi brewer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts