There Can Be Miracles if you Believe (Or Like Bunnies)

Wow, this week was so busy, and so long but it went by in a flash! We had a lot of adventures in the Salt Lake and Atlanta airports. I almost couldn't get on my flight because I didn't have my renewed license with me! But it all worked out and I got to Texas in one piece.

On Tuesday we got our Areas and Trainers assigned and my trainer, Sister Rasmussen, is wonderful and we have been working in Bridge City, which is a small town right on the border with Louisiana! 

My first week was Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras, so people were pretty busy, but we did manage to do a lot of finding. And by that I mean, we made sure to go tracting everyday. Honestly though, tracting here is SOOO MUCH EASIER than in Utah. People are really polite, even when they're totally shutting you down! They almost always say something like "Y'all have a nice day" or "Y'all stay safe out there!". Next to that, they love it when you talk about Jesus. In Utah, people really couldn't care less. But people in Texas care so much. I can tell you three things about the people of South East Texas: 1. They run red lights like nobody's business, 2. They hate rain, and 3. They Love Jesus.

We witnessed so many miracles and inspirations this week, but I'll leave you with just one. On my first full-day in the field, all our morning plans fell through, so Sister Rasmussen told me to just pick someone to go visit. I pick the first name that sticks out to me, who is this woman that they've been teaching for a while but they hadn't really been progressing or receiving any lessons. But we knocked on her door and she was so happy to see us! She sat us down right on her porch (because the weather is so good, that you can just do that!) and we gave her the first lesson. Afterward she told us that she had been cleaning her house and found her copy of the Book of Mormon from the Elders who used to come visit a while back. She said that when she saw it, she knew we would come back and see her that day and she had been waiting for us!

Even better miracle (Just kidding, but it is pretty cool) she had a ton of pet rabbits, so we also got to play with those!

So moral of the story: follow promptings, so long as they're good you might as well do it, and you might be rewarded with bunnies.


Comments

Popular Posts